Take your race- or project car to the next level with TR Motoring performance short shifters!
The premium line under floor H-profile quick shifter is available for multiple Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda gearboxes:
– 020 by using our adapter kit with motorsport cables
– 02A by using our reinforced our motorsport cables or by swapping the tower on the gearbox to a 02J type and run the OEM 02J cables or with our reinforced motorsport cables
– 02J / 02S / 02T / 02M / 02Q / MQ350 / MQ 500 plug and play OEM cables or with our reinforced motorsport cables
These premium line shifters are mounted underneath the tunnel. Its design is based on Volkswagen Golf models IV, V, VI and VII. The distinctive needle bearing positions in the fully CNC machined front and rear panels around the centre stick allow for a superb packaging with an increased precision compared to the traditional short shifters. This allows us to offer a plug and play package, without modifying the chassis (MK4-7). Furthermore, all OEM plastic covers, buttons and caps in the centre console can be maintained, which is unique in its class. Besides the dimensional challenges a light weight philosophy was used during the design phase.
The under tunnel part fits on both 02J (two studs on top, two holes below) and 02M/02Q (four studs on the top) tunnels. This racing shifter comes with installation guide and mounting material for the shifter cables.
This shifter can also be used for universal use in combination with the before mentioned gearboxes. Then it might require drilling four M8 mounting holes in the chassis.
The advantages of the TRM motorsport shifter over OEM shifters:
– Short travel from gear to gear, i.e. shifting faster
– More precise feeling and feedback due to the motorsport oriented design which is based on performance and reliability
– Strong self-centring spring avoids expensive mis-shifts, mainly from 2nd to 1st instead of 3rd.
– Enhanced reverse lockout mechanism that avoids selecting reverse before and during operation. Prevent launches in reverse.
– Being closer to the steering wheel reduces the potential of missing the gear knob in heat of the action
– The shorter path between the steering wheel and the shifter knob will allow the driver to have the hand on the steering wheel quicker
– Esthetical racing appearance with light weight features, also very suitable for show and shine purposes
– Fully adjustable on the side lever position and ratio
– Individual end stops allow for a precise set-up and can even lock gears.
Our shifters are highly customizable, please contact us directly for inquiries regarding custom frames, colours, materials, knobs and surface treatments!
Note that our shifters are intended for track use only and are not homologated for road use!
The reinforced motorsport cables will enhance gearshifts due to increased rigidity, i.e. these racing cables will give a more precise feedback resulting in less missed shifts.
Besides the thicker inner and steel supported outer cable it also replaces the OEM plastic bushes by metal nuts and CNC machined stainless steel rings. Furthermore, the solid spherical joints, also known as uniballs, replace the OEM plastic cable ends.
The dust caps protect the cables from foreign particles, making them also suitable for off-road applications. The high quality internals do not only minimize friction, but will also secure a reliable and maintenance free system. The cables come with high quality heat protection and two rubber grommets.